Jamie from Handsonaswegrow is putting together a collaborative fundraiser between bloggers. This is a heart project because all proceeds from this fundraiser will go to the American Heart Association [AHA]. As part of this, She is creating a 12×12 collaborative eBook/physical book of kids’ art and crafts projects that are related to ‘hearts’. The details are at her blog here..Here is our contribution to that..
- Materials – A small candle preferably a votive, color coordinated crayons, an A4 sheet and scissors.
- Draw a heart shape with a black marker on an A4 sheet
- Melt the tip of the crayon [ be sure to remove the paper packaging before you attempt] and drip onto the sheet. Heat, Drip, Heat, Drip. Repeat till whole area is covered in dots.
- Once completed, cutout the heart and paste onto a card sheet [ alternately you can craft on the cardstock directly]
- The crayon dot tends to chip off after a few days. A coat of Modpodge does the trick of keeping them in place.
PS: This craft involves fire. Ideally suitable for kids aged 5 and above [ only if they are used to following instructions. No matter what age, please do not attempt without adult supervision ]
Jamie @ hands on : as we grow or
email her @ handsonaswegrow(at)gmail.com