The Theme for Artsy-Craftsy-October is "Clay Craft"
Clay includes, air drying clay, Polymer clay, play dough, home made clay, chalk powder, atta clay.. well anything that can broadly be classified under clay.
The crafts have to be handmade and child friendly.
You can use food colors, paints to decorate. You can use other embellishments. You are also allowed to use moulds and modeling tools on one condition that you submit a pic of the tools too.
I encourage you to get your hands dirty. Kids love mess of all kinds n modeling is a great hit with kids of all ages.
I don't have a sponsor yet, so mail me asap if you are interested. In case I don't get a sponsor by end of month, I will only be announcing the winners. There will be no prizes. Sorry. I am finding it extremely difficult to co-ordinate , buy and post prizes. The June and July prizes are not posted yet and I'm extremely sad about that. The September winners will be announced soon. Vinitha needs some more time as the entries are so varied.
Here are the rules of the challenge.. Do read the ones in bold and yellow.
- Stick to the theme for the month.
- Previously submitted entries to the artsy-craftsy cannot be resubmitted
- Last date for sending your nomination is 25th of October, 2010.
- If you have a blog, add the above image in a post with a link to this page and add the artsy-craftsy pic in your sidebar [ HTML code below]. You don't need to be a follower.
- If you don't have a blog, mail me the pics at mymindfulmeanderings[at]gmail[dot]com. Add copyright info and steps on how you made the craft.
- Leave a comment with a link to your post on this post only.
- Resize the pics that you send / upload to a max of 1024x768.
- Each pic should have a watermark to your blog or at least your (or your child's name) in case you don't have a blog. Use paintbrush / Picasa to add text at the right bottom. A readable font size should be fine.
- Please provide pics and details on how you made the craft. Links to another site which has the instructions is also fine.
- I absolutely don't like putting up pics of any child on my blog. Any entry henceforth that has a child's face / pic will be sent back for blurring. You can however send it with the face blurred. Use gaussian blur / simply use paint brush to cover the face.
- The winner will be chosen based on how easy yet stunning the end result looks and will be announced on the last day of the month.
- The entry has to be child-friendly. Keep it simple though. Would love to see crafts that your kids can help out with.
- You can have more than 1 entry .. and increase your chances at winning.
- This challenge is open for all kids, ladies, gents, moms, dads , followers, lurkers... everyone.
<a title="Artsy-Craftsy Challenge" href="http://mindfull-meanderings.blogspot.com/search/label/Artsy-Craftsy">
<img height="150" alt="Artsy-Craftsy Challenge" src="http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_hwjgdnA6iy8/S0Q7mC8U8XI/AAAAAAAANxI/6ExgE4FVFaM/s1600/artsy-craftsy-side150.jpg" width="150" border="0" />
Go on get artsy-craftsy :)